Company Name: The Pew Charitable Trusts
Position Title: Manager, Technology Support
Location: Washington, Dist. Columbia, 20004, United States
Overview of Information Technology
Information Technology (IT) at Pew takes a proactive
approach toward the use of technology to increase the organization's capacity
for high-quality strategic philanthropy. Executive staff at Pew recognizes the importance
of technology and supports related initiatives to advance the institution's
goals. As a result, IT strives to continuously improve and apply current
technology to achieve organizational goals.
The department comprises highly competent, forward-thinking professionals who are responsible for the technology needs of all Pew staff, as well as for Pew's subsidiaries. IT is organized into distinct areas of responsibility, including strategic alignment of technology with the business, implementation of new systems projects, the operation and enhancement of Pew's application systems, Pew's technology infrastructure, desktop, and user support, training, and cyber-security.
The Manager, Technology Support is a leader within the technical support group in Information Technology and is responsible for the management of Pew's desktop support staff; the delivery of technical support and services; and the overall satisfaction of our customers. The manager must have a strong customer service background coupled with technical skills in all aspects of desktop support, network connectivity, computer operating systems, mobile devices, and desktop hardware and software applications for Pew's domestic and international staff.
The position, based in Pew's Washington, DC office, reports to the Senior Manager, Technical Support and is responsible for managing staff located in both Washington DC and Philadelphia.
- Delivery of technical support and customer satisfaction.
- Management of ticket flow and technician workload; setting daily priorities to meet department goals and customer expectations.
- Collaborate directly with help desk answering services vendor
- Oversight of the day to day operations of technology support.
- Collaboration with the other groups within IT to ensure issue handoff; knowledge transfer and customer satisfaction.
- Creation and publication of metrics from Pew's service management system.
- Development and continual review of technology support processes and training materials.
- Creation and periodic review of knowledge base articles.
- Periodic evaluation and refinement of processes to ensure accurate and timely delivery of services.
- Team development; coaching and mentoring; supplying opportunities to for technicians to improve their skills and knowledge.
- Deliver feedback to team members at regular intervals and conduct performance evaluations.
- Management of internal communications to our customers on technology related issues; collaboration with communications staff.
- Establishment of effective and productive working relationships with staff at all levels within Pew.
- Provide data to support staffing decisions and support IT leadership in staff planning. Ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained and participate in hiring of staff.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in off-hours project requirements as well as on-call support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required.
- Highly customer service focused with demonstrable experience in meeting and managing customer expectations. Skilled at managing customer expectations.
- Minimum of eight years of relevant experience in help desk or desktop support services.
- Minimum of three years of relevant management experience in desktop support or a related area.
- A positive attitude and ability to develop productive relationships with staff at all organizational levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; advanced ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrable, hands-on technical skills with a focus on all aspects of desktop support and mobile devices.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL concepts and current technology protocols and standards.
- Strong critical thinking skills: the capacity to understand, analyze and creatively solve problems.
- Effective leadership through delegation and task management skills.
Additional Requirements (preferred):
- ITIL Foundation.
- HDI Desktop Support Manager.
- MCSA for Windows 10.
- CompTIA A+.
- Apple Certified Support Professional.
- Experience with Microsoft Intune or similar desktop management system.
- Experience with ServiceNow or similar service management system.
- Experience with the implementation of ITIL best practices
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Join The Blacks Gone Geek Community http://www.blacksgonegeek.org/Pages/JointheBlacksGoneGeekCommunity.aspx